5th most powerful passport, giving visa-free access or visa-on-arrival to 185 countries.
The PR program provides for the grant of a five-year residence permit to non-EU investors who fulfil one of the following conditions:
- Purchase property of your choice within Portugal worth at least €500,000
- Acquire property worth at least €350,000 in areas designated by the government.
Additional Government fees will apply.
Holders of a Golden Residence Permit enjoy the following benefits:
- Small requirement of actual residence in Portugal (7 days per year)
- Eligibable to apply for Portuguese citizenship after five years of legal residence; other citizenships may be retained.
- Visa-free entry to all of the EUSchengen states
- Tax advantages
- Family reunion, meaning certain family members can get Portuguese residency.
- Access to healthcare and education within Portugal.
- Excellent quality of life, superb cuisine and superlative wines, a diverse and vibrant culture, mild climate and a high level of security
About The Country
Portugal was a major military, political, and economic world power in the 15th and 16th centuries. Its influence is still felt across the world: there are 300 million Portuguese speakers, and several Portuguese creoles are spoken around the world.
Today it is a member of the EU and the Eurozone, part of the Schengen group of countries, one of the world's advanced nations with a high Human Development Index, and a stable, secure environment. Its economy is shifting from manufacturing towards business services with a flourishing tourism industry and it is the world's largest producer and exporter of cork.
It is committed to developing renewable sources of energy such as hydro, wind and solar power. More than half (55%) of its power requirement was met from renewable in 2018 and by 2040 the entire electricity requirement of mainland Portugal will be met by renewable sources.
In October 2012, Portugal changed the Immigration Law 29/2012. The changes granted non-EU Citizens a temporary EU Residence Permit for up to five years if they invested in Portuguese real estate. Dubbed the Golden Residence Permit (GRP) program, this program offers a quick and easy way for non-EU property investors to attain residence in Europe.
Processing Time: 6 months
Residency in 6 months, and eligible to apply for citizenship after 5 years of permanent residency.
Location: South West Europe, bordering Spain on the east and Atlantic Ocean on the west
Land Area: 92,212 square km
Climate: Mediterranean, with warm summers in the north and hot summers in the south
Population: 10,355,493 (July 2018 est.)
Language: Portuguese and Mirandese
Exchange rate: 1 Euro= US$1.12
GDP (PPP) (international dollars): $ 341.408 billion
GDP per capita (PPP) (international dollars): $ 33,359.787
(GDP information: 2019 est. as per IMF data)